Summer Associate Program
A high grade point average is great, but qualities like passion, curiosity, approachability and willingness to be coached are additional traits that we’ve found increase odds of a successful and gratifying legal practice.
Our summer associate program gives you the chance to use what you’ve learned but pushes and stretches you – all the while you’re getting real law practice experience.
Don’t worry about being stuck in the library or a file room for the summer. For several weeks, you’ll be guided by a mentor and advisor and treated as a professional. You’ll work with experienced attorneys on challenging matters. Every three to four weeks, you’ll be assigned to a different practice group to expand your perspective and provide a broader experience. If you have a specific area of interest, we’ll give you plenty of time to explore it.
You’ll enjoy a full slate of planned activities that allow you to get to know our attorneys
and the other summer associates in casual settings. Special seminars to teach soft skills, the business of law firms and trends in the legal profession are part of the summer curriculum.
We are currently accepting applications from first-year law students for our 2017 Summer Associate Program. To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample and transcripts here
1L Diversity Fellowship
Diversity includes race, religion, national origin, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical ability, interests and talents. We recognize that creating and sustaining a culture of diversity is more than policy statements and written goals. It requires ongoing initiatives to recruit, retain and advance diverse attorneys and staff. What is the purpose of the 1L Diversity Fellowship Program?
The Fellowship Program is designed to recruit, retain and advance attorneys who will be active leaders and champions for diversity in the firm and the legal profession. We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion in their community, school and/or professional life.
What does a fellowship include?
Who is eligible to apply?
- A paid 1L summer associate position in our St. Louis or Denver offices
- A mentorship with a member of our Diversity Committee
- Involvement in diversity and inclusion initiatives at the firm
- A $5,000 stipend* paid if the fellow accepts an offer to return as a paid 2L summer associate
- A $5,000 stipend* paid if the fellow accepts an offer of full-time employment as an Associate upon completion of law school
Candidates who apply should meet the following criteria:
How do I apply? Please apply here
- 1L at American Bar Association accredited law school
- Genuine interest in Armstrong Teasdale’s opportunities in St. Louis or Denver
- Excellent undergraduate and law school academic performance
- Personal and professional achievements
- An active commitment to diversity and inclusion
*Please be aware that the fellowship stipends are taxable.