Armstrong Teasdale regularly counsels clients on antitrust issues that impact business planning, statutory and regulatory compliance, and formation and management of business relationships with suppliers, customers, industry associations and competitors. As part of providing practical and effective counseling, we strive to understand our clients' businesses fully and be a part of their teams. The following are some key areas of our antitrust and trade practices representation:
- Compliance & Training: Armstrong Teasdale's lawyers are experienced in assisting and counseling the firm’s business clients in antitrust compliance by conducting audits and internal investigations, developing company-specific antitrust compliance programs and policies, and providing training in these areas.
- Distribution/Supply Relationships: Armstrong Teasdale's team is well-versed in all aspects of antitrust law that can affect distribution and supply relationships. We provide practical and effective advice with respect to complex issues that may arise from distribution systems, distributor terminations, exclusive dealing relationships, licensing arrangements, pricing arrangements and restrictions, and internet/e-commerce relationships.
- Trade Associations: Our business lawyers regularly counsel clients on issues relating to membership and participation in trade associations, such as standard-setting, benchmarking, and conduct among competitors at association meetings.
- Mergers and Acquisitions: We have extensive experience in compliance with the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act. We facilitate successful acquisitions by helping our clients address government concerns creatively, efficiently and effectively.
- Marketing: Armstrong Teasdale’s antitrust lawyers have significant experience in successfully helping the firm’s clients navigate federal and state laws governing unfair and deceptive trade practices and pricing, marketing and advertising activities.
- International: In conjunction with our International practice group and by reason of our association with law firms in major foreign countries through our prestigious membership in Lex Mundi, our business lawyers are able to provide sophisticated advice with respect to global trade and competition laws.