The St. Louis Regional Chamber and Growth Association (RCGA) recognized Armstrong Teasdale in the 2011 class of the “St. Louis Green Challenge,” the RCGA's program to help businesses and institutions adopt more sustainable business practices. The firm received the award for successfully completing the RCGA’s yearlong Green Business Challenge.
The 69 companies involved compiled a scorecard of strategies to form "green teams", reduce waste, conserve water and energy, improve indoor air quality and provide clean transportation options. Twelve special Awards of Merit were presented to companies implementing the most scorecard strategies during the Challenge year.
Among Armstrong Teasdale's accomplishments:
- Creation of an AT Green Team that spearheads and manages firm sustainability initiatives
- Development of a firm-wide Sustainability Policy
- Purchase of 10 percent CO2 offsets/energy credits
- Calculation of the firm’s carbon footprint baseline
- Participation in the Clayton Green Power Community Challenge
Armstrong Teasdale received innovation points for setting a goal to reduce paper use by half—a feat accomplished in six months time.