Brian Kaveney is an experienced corporate litigator and founder and head of Armstrong Teasdale’s Security Clearance and Facility Clearance Task Force.
Security and Facility Clearance
- Guides companies, key management personnel (KMPs), and employees through the process of obtaining and maintaining individual clearances and facility clearances (FCLs).
- Provides counsel on personnel and facility clearance issues, including matters involving Foreign Ownership Control or Influence (FOCI).
- Anticipates security concerns and works with clients and the government to address or mitigate these matters.
- Works with cleared companies and facilities considering joint ventures and during mergers and acquisitions to conduct due diligence and ensure compliance with DSS.
- Advocates on behalf of individuals before the Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals (DOHA) and other government agencies.
- Works with government defense contractors to develop strong compliance programs and avoid violations of government procurement laws.
- Advises defense clients and certain universities on industrial security matters including the mitigation of Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence (FOCI).
- Represents clients in non-compete and trade secret cases.
- Handles contractual disputes and other corporate matters.
Before attending law school, Brian served as a United States Marine Corps Infantry Officer. He achieved the rank of Captain and received the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal. Brian also served as an Aide to the Secretary of the Navy from 1998 to 1999. His military experience and service give him a unique insight into the adjudicative process and enable him to assist clients during the written process and hearings before administrative judges in security clearance matters.