Armstrong Teasdale represents hospital systems, physician practice groups, individual physicians, nurses and all other medical specialists within the health care industry. Our practice is not limited to defending litigated cases; we actively work with clients and risk managers to identify, avoid, and resolve risk.
We represent health care providers in a variety of complex medical matters. In addition to defending a vast assortment of medical malpractice cases, we also represent health care providers in administrative hearings, contract negotiations, and commercial litigation. Hospital systems rely on us in structuring their business operations in order to reduce risk and minimize liability.
Our practice group operates as a team, with each secretary, paralegal and attorney having distinct responsibilities geared toward efficient and effective service to our clients. We utilize state-of-the-art technology to help reduce costs, increase productivity and improve communication. Our team includes three JD RNs and several paralegal RNs, who combined, have over 50 years of clinical experience in various areas of medicine. In addition to our in-house medical skills, we retain world-renowned experienced consultants to help us evaluate and defend pending and threatened litigation.
We try cases. The trial lawyers in our practice group alone have in excess of 100 years litigation experience. We practice in both liberal and conservative venues, with equally extraordinary results. We have obtained numerous medical malpractice defense verdicts in courts that are considered to be notoriously plaintiff-friendly venues. In the area of medical malpractice, no other firm rivals our trial record.
The cases we handle include:
- Medical Malpractice and Wrongful Death of all types. Matters include, but are not limited to:
- Obstetrical cases including cerebral palsy, hypoxic encephalitis, birth traumas
- Emergency care cases
- Primary care/internal medicine cases
- Surgical cases
- Failure to obtain informed consent cases
- Specialty area cases (cardiology, neurology, pediatrics, hematology, pathology, radiology, endocrinology, oncology, pediatrics, ophthalmology, etc.)
- Hospital nursing cases
- Home health nursing cases
- Long-term care facility cases
- Representing health care providers in administrative hearing
- Counseling health care providers concerning regulatory issues
- Contract negotiations
- Corporate structuring of health care organizations
- Commercial litigation involving health care providers
- Tort cases against health care providers other than medical malpractice
- Claim investigations
- Educational seminars to health care providers
- Risk prevention seminars to health care providers