Armstrong Teasdale intellectual property lawyers are the protectors of our clients’ core intangible assets encompassing such key fundamentals as copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and business plans.
Our professionals, many of whom have advanced degrees and Ph.D.s in chemical, biotech, electrical and mechanical areas, understand the complex inventions and ideas they advocate. They guard those innovations by prosecuting patent applications and conducting patentability, non-infringement, and validity studies. Some of the world’s leading companies choose us to develop and manage their patent portfolios, run due diligence studies related to acquisitions and provide infringement investigation services.
Clients also look to Armstrong Teasdale for help in selecting and screening new trade and service marks, as well as trade names. They rely on us to register, maintain and protect their trademarks worldwide on works that range from visual arts to computer programs. Our services include negotiating and drafting disclosure, manufacturing, technology transfer, license and joint venture agreements, domestically and abroad. We also counsel clients regarding advertising compliance and related issues.
We bring and defend all types of intellectual property litigation in both state and federal courts. In addition to patent, trademark and copyright cases, our lawyers handle trade secrets, confidential information, unfair competition and false advertising claims. We also assist clients in all stages of litigation including seeking and defending temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and ex-parte seizures.
- Prepare and prosecute patent applications in all fields
- Conduct patentability, non-infringement, clearance and validity studies
- Assist clients in the development and management of patent portfolios
- Conduct IP due diligence studies with respect to acquisitions
- Select, screen, register and monitor trademarks
- Provide copyright counseling and registration
- Obtain advertising compliance
- Build trade secret protection programs
- Obtain computer software protection and licensing
- Obtain domestic and international licensing
- Conduct intellectual property litigation in state and federal courts, including preliminary injunctions, temporary restraining orders and seizures