Ben Xu heads up the firm’s immigration practice in London. He has over 11 years of experience in dealing with U.K. immigration and nationality matters, particularly matters with complex personal and business immigration issues. As well as high-net-worth clients, Ben also has acted for many corporate organisations, executives, EU nationals, and individuals with human rights claims.
Ben used to practise corporate and commercial law. He finds that his experience as a corporate lawyer gives him a deeper level of understanding of the issues in hand when advising corporate and executive clients, and allows him to provide more rounded solutions.
Ben has a success rate of 100% in all applications to date. His clients describe him as “a first-rate immigration lawyer... accomplished the ‘impossible’” for them and a person who is able to make them feel "comfortable throughout the entire application process”.
Services and Industries
- Emerging Companies
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Employment and Labor
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Agribusiness and Food
- Consumer Products and Services
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services and Banking
- Health Care and Life Sciences
- Manufacturing and Innovation
- Real Estate, Development, Construction
- Sports, Media and Entertainment
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Ben managed the immigration practice at another London firm and acted as point of contact for all immigration-related inquiries for the firm’s 14 offices.
- Nottingham Law School (LPC, 2009)
- University College London, University of London (LL.M., Merit, 2007)
- University of Leicester (LL.B., 2.1 honors, 2006)
- England and Wales, 2013
- Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association
- Top Recommended Immigration Lawyer by Spear’s (2021-present)
- The Legal 500 (2019-2020)