Ben Musholt, a member of the Financial and Real Estate Services group, practices real estate and public finance law.
Ben represents developers, investors, financial institutions, utilities, governmental bodies and other public and private entities in all aspects of real estate transactions, including the acquisition, sale, leasing, financing, development and construction of real property. In addition to negotiating and drafting complex commercial contracts, leases, easement agreements and subdivision indentures, Ben assists clients in obtaining planning and zoning approvals for various uses.
A significant portion of Ben’s practice focuses on development incentives. Ben represents developers and municipalities in matters involving local and state tax incentives, redevelopment corporations, special taxing districts and tax abatement, including Missouri’s Chapter 100 industrial revenue bonds.
Ben also has extensive experience in business and real estate litigation. His litigation experience gives him a unique perspective into each transaction. Ben guides clients mindfully through and around pitfalls that may arise during real estate transactions.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (J.D., 2011)
- UMKC Law Review
- The Urban Lawyer Journal
- University of Missouri (B.S., cum laude, 2006)
- Consumer & Family Economics
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- United Way of Central Missouri – Board of Directors (2020-present)
- Leadership Jefferson City (2020)
- Jefferson City Tax Increment Financing Commission (2018-present)
- Leadership Clayton (2017)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch, Public Finance Law, Real Estate Law (2021)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2015-present)
Prior to joining the firm, Ben was in private practice at another St. Louis area firm.