Carrie Sarhangi Love is a member of the firm’s Litigation practice group, primarily serving clients in the health care and life sciences industry, including some of the country’s largest pharmaceutical and medical device companies. She also has experience serving on secondment as Chief U.S. Compliance Officer for a pharmaceutical client. Carrie is a strong advocate for both corporate and individual clients, and has helped clients win or favorably resolve cases involving both federal and state enforcement agencies, and private plaintiffs.
Carrie has in-depth experience representing clients in connection with government investigations and inquiries, enforcement proceedings and complex civil litigation. These investigations and related matters often involve alleged health care fraud and whistleblower statutes; violations of the False Claims Act; claims under anti-kickback, anti-bribery and anti-corruption statutes such as the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act; patient support programs; and the alleged improper marketing of pharmaceutical products for off-label uses.
Her extensive trial experience lends well to high-stakes investigations, especially as she guides clients through complex regulatory and compliance issues, and helps them anticipate challenges and update their global compliance and training programs accordingly. In addition to mitigating risk and exposure for her clients, Carrie takes a proactive approach to managing the marketing and promotion, manufacturing, sale and distribution of pharmaceutical drugs.
Carrie also has experience representing clients in varied industries, such as higher education and financial services. She ensures compliance with various state and federal laws and policies, and works with clients to develop appropriate training programs and reporting procedures.
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2006)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., cum laude, 2003)
- Political Science and Industrial Relations
- Law360 Life Sciences Editorial Advisory Board (2019)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Homeless Advocacy Project
- The Eastern District Prisoner Reentry Program
- Pennsylvania State University Alumni Association
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (Fundraiser and marathon runner)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations (2021)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, White Collar Defense (2019-present); Rising Star (2015-16)
Prior to joining the firm, Carrie was a partner at a mid-Atlantic law firm. Before that, Carrie served as an assistant district attorney with the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, where she first-chaired more than 25 jury trials and litigated hundreds of other bench trials.