Charlie Jonas is an associate in the Intellectual Property practice group. As a patent holder and former patent engineer, he is well versed in drafting patent applications for inventors and in-house counsel in various subject areas, including artificial intelligence, semiconductors, electrical systems and mechanical components.
Charlie is also experienced in patent litigation matters, such as researching and drafting legal memoranda, depositions and arguments.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Charlie served as a law clerk at the U.S. International Trade Commission’s Office of Unfair Import Investigations. Before that, he worked as a patent engineer at IBM, and externed for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Charlie is the co-inventor of U.S. Patent 9,913,246: “Intelligent Notification Redirection.” The technology directs a notification from a transmitting device to a receiving device most appropriate to a user at the time of transmission.
- Tulane University (J.D., 2022)
- Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property, Vol. 24 (Senior Managing Editor)
- Northwestern University (M.S., honors, 2019)
- Wake Forest University (B.S., 2017)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri