Christopher Lynett is a skilled trial and appellate lawyer of the firm’s litigation practice group, primarily serving clients in the health care industry and clients subjected to government investigations. A former assistant district attorney and federal law clerk in the U.S. District Court and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, Chris has experience in all aspects of litigation—from pre-suit investigations to post-trial appeals. Since joining Armstrong Teasdale, Chris has primarily focused on enforcement proceedings and complex civil litigation involving alleged violations of the False Claims Act and claims under the Anti-Kickback Statute.
Chris has assisted in the defense of multiple False Claims Act cases by managing discovery efforts, preparing subject-matter experts for contentious depositions, and drafting case-dispositive and pretrial motions. Chris’ extensive courtroom experience has positioned him to take successful depositions in even the most difficult of circumstances, in some cases, resulting in evidence of spoliation and the subsequent award of court-ordered sanctions.
He is an adjunct professor at Villanova’s Charles Widger School of Law, focusing on the school’s renown trial-advocacy program.
Services and Industries
Prior to joining the firm, Christopher spent five years as an Assistant District Attorney in Philadelphia, most recently for the Major Trials Unit. He has held clerkships in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals with the Hon. Thomas I. Vanaskie, and in U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania with the Hon. Malachy E. Mannion.
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 2013)
- Dean’s List (all semesters)
- Graduation Speaker
- Moot Court Honor Board
- Phi Delta Phi
- Suffolk Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy
- Suffolk National Trial Team
- College of the Holy Cross (B.A., 2008)
- Political Science
- Class of 2008 Vice President (2005–2008)
- Men’s Varsity Crew Team (Captain, 2007–2008; Member, 2004–2008)
- Larry Chick Memorial Award
- Student Government Association
- Student Programming for Urban Development
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- GESU School, Seventh Grade Mentor (September 2015 – May 2017)
- Renewal-Veteran Education and Transition Services (R-VETS), English Instructor, Marywood University (October 2013 – September 2015)
- Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project, Teaching Fellow, City on a Hill Charter School (August 2011 – June 2012)
- Mother Caroline Academy and Education Center, Americorps Teaching Fellow (August 2008 – July 2010)
- Holy Cross Alumni Association, Board of Directors (July 2015- July 2017)