Christopher Lynett is a skilled trial and appellate lawyer with nearly a decade of experience. A former assistant district attorney in Philadelphia, Christopher brings invaluable trial experience to each representation.
His wide-ranging experience includes shareholder derivative suits, federal criminal cases, habeas corpus, and social security, immigration and bankruptcy appeals.
While working at the District Attorney’s Office, he litigated over 750 preliminary hearings, evidentiary motions and bench trials in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas and the Philadelphia Municipal Court. He submitted dozens of appellate briefs in the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, as well as responses to petitions for writs of habeas corpus in the U.S. District Court. In addition, Christopher argued cases before the Superior Court of Pennsylvania (panel and en banc) and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Services and Industries
Prior to joining the firm, Christopher spent five years as an Assistant District Attorney in Philadelphia, most recently for the Major Trials Unit. He has held clerkships in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals with the Hon. Thomas I. Vanaskie, and in U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania with the Hon. Malachy E. Mannion.
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 2013)
- Dean’s List (all semesters)
- Graduation Speaker
- Moot Court Honor Board
- Phi Delta Phi
- Suffolk Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy
- Suffolk National Trial Team
- College of the Holy Cross (B.A., 2008)
- Political Science
- Class of 2008 Vice President (2005–2008)
- Men’s Varsity Crew Team (Captain, 2007–2008; Member, 2004–2008)
- Larry Chick Memorial Award
- Student Government Association
- Student Programming for Urban Development
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- GESU School, Seventh Grade Mentor (September 2015 – May 2017)
- Renewal-Veteran Education and Transition Services (R-VETS), English Instructor, Marywood University (October 2013 – September 2015)
- Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project, Teaching Fellow, City on a Hill Charter School (August 2011 – June 2012)
- Mother Caroline Academy and Education Center, Americorps Teaching Fellow (August 2008 – July 2010)
- Holy Cross Alumni Association, Board of Directors (July 2015- July 2017)