Courtney Chen is an associate in Armstrong Teasdale’s Litigation practice group, where she handles an array of disputes for clients in numerous industries.
With prior experience as a summer associate at the firm and a legal extern at a major national corporation, she is adept at discovery, trial preparation and all aspects of case management. She is skilled at formulating strategy for introducing and combating prospective evidence to be introduced in trial, preparing witness examination questions, and drafting various legal documents, including pleadings, summary judgments and other motions. Prior to law school, Courtney developed extensive public speaking skills, having spoken at over 1,500 events, as part of her role in sales with a large national corporation.
Courtney was a summer associate at Armstrong Teasdale before joining the firm full time. Before that, she was a legal extern at a major national corporation within the prison goods and services sector. Prior to law school, Courtney was the top closer in her sales position at a large national corporation.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., with honors, 2020)
- Dean’s List
- Saint Louis University Trial Team (2018-2020)
- University of Missouri (B.A., 2017)
- Missouri, 2020
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 2020
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Pupilage member of Theodore McMillian American Inns of Court
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Ronald McDonald House
- St. Patrick’s Center
- Selected as a pupilage member of the Theodore McMillian American Inns of Court (2019 – 2020)
- Mandarin Chinese