Dan Wofsey guides businesses of all sizes in real estate and financing matters. These issues include acquisition, development, leasing and condominium and timeshare law.
For companies, landowners and developers, Dan advises in all aspects of land use, real property development and government incentive contracts. He obtains approval for redevelopment plans, zoning and development agreements. His work includes projects involving office buildings, apartments, hotels, regional malls, retail centers, medical centers, timeshare resorts, warehouses, manufacturing facilities, chains of service stations and mining properties.
He often represents banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions in their roles as lenders to real estate projects. In addition, Dan assists subdivisions and developers in zoning and indenture enforcement matters.
His experience includes assisting health care institutions in buying, leasing, selling and developing such facilities as nursing homes, hospitals, medical office buildings and clinics.
Dan is one of the founders of Non-Profit Real Estate Advisors, which provides pro bono consulting services to nonprofit organizations in Missouri and Illinois.
Dan is a frequent speaker on a variety of issues regarding commercial real estate including leasing; covenants, conditions, and restrictions; and subdivision indentures.
- Vanderbilt University (J.D., 1979)
- Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, Associate Articles Editor (1978-1979)
- University of Rochester (B.A., cum laude, 1976)
- Missouri, 1981
- The Missouri Bar
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers in Business for Real Estate, Band 1 (2010-present)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® / Super Lawyers® Business Edition (2008-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America®;Real Estate Law (2003-present)
- Received the "Volunteer of the Year” award from Southside Early Childhood Center as part of their Non-Profit Real Estate Advisors (NPREA) Project (2012)
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell