David Herman is a member of the firm’s Litigation practice group. David assists clients in navigating all aspects of complex commercial litigation, financial services litigation and government investigations. David has successfully litigated numerous consumer arbitrations and advises clients on best practices relating to contractual arbitration clauses in consumer agreements. In addition, he has experience handling appeals in state and federal court for clients across the country.
David has substantial experience practicing before the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and advises and defends clients through all phases of investigations and enforcement proceedings.
He has also assisted with internal investigations and witness preparation in connection with potential violations of federal law.
David represents and advises fintech companies, their executives and investors. He has successfully defended clients in complex litigation involving consumer protection statutes as well as federal causes of action, including RICO. He counsels lenders and fintech companies on recent developments in the law and how those changes might affect their businesses.
David has also represented numerous companies in contract disputes involving contractual ambiguities.
David has represented clients in small-dollar consumer arbitrations and small claims cases arising out of arbitration clauses in consumer contracts. He has achieved numerous defense verdicts and favorable settlements on behalf of clients.
David has also drafted and revised arbitration and choice-of-law provisions in consumer contracts for clients, and has advised clients on best practices with respect to those provisions.
Privacy and Data Security
David regularly presents to clients and industry organizations on legal issues relating to technology and privacy and data security.
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2014)
- Order of the Coif
- Student Bar Association, President
- Moot Court Honor Society
- Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society Fellow
- Albert M. Cohen Memorial Award
- Franklin and Marshall College (B.A., 2008)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Temple Law Alumni Association (Assistant Secretary, 2018-2019; Executive Committee, 2013-2018)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2020)
Prior to joining the firm, David was an associate at a mid-Atlantic law firm.
David also completed judicial internships with the Honorable Petrese B. Tucker in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; the Honorable C. Darnell Jones in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania; and the Honorable Arnold L. New, Coordinating Judge, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Complex Litigation Program.