Ebonie Davis is an associate in the firm’s Financial and Real Estate services practice group, primarily representing clients in real estate transactions involving a wide variety of financing methods.
Skilled in negotiation, Ebonie is adept at reviewing leases, contract agreements and loan documents with a critical eye. She also has in-depth experience handling transactions that involve bond financing and low-income housing tax credit financing.
Further, Ebonie has drafted motions, briefs and pleadings for administrative and federal judicial proceedings in her past role as an attorney for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Before joining Armstrong Teasdale, Ebonie was an attorney for the USDA in the Office of the General Counsel. In that role, she advised federal agencies in connection with multifamily housing loan closings, community facilities loan closings, and water and sewer project closings. Ebonie also represented the USDA and its agencies and provided assistance to the Department of Justice and U.S. Attorneys in connection with trial and appellate matters in state and federal court.
Prior to that, she was an associate at another Kansas City law firm where she counseled clients on commercial development projects. She has held a number of legal intern and legal assistant roles for various organizations and law firms, covering a wide array of practice areas from real estate to probate law and Medicaid. Ebonie also spent three years working as a paralegal, supporting large real estate closing transactions, assisting in landlord–tenant hearings and representing large cooperatives and multifamily developments.
- University of Kansas (J.D., 2013)
- Janean Meigs Leadership and Service Award
- Black Law Students Association (President)
- Women in Law Association
- Lexis Nexis Legal Research Certification
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (B.A., 2007)
- Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Chancellor’s Award
- Dean’s Honor List (2006-2007)
- Jackson County Bar Association (Vice President, Education Committee Chair)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Suburban Balance (Scholarship and Education Officer)
- Black Faculty & Staff Council Student Achievement Award
- Kit Carson Roque, Jr. Achievement Award
- Wichita Women Attorneys Association Scholarship Award