Eric Trelz, a member of the firm’s Litigation practice group, provides practical, sophisticated advice about legal problems unique to commercial litigation and employment. Eric’s 30 years of trial experience enhance his ability to represent clients in these types of claims.
Eric has extensive experience in complex commercial litigation. He serves clients from a wide range of industries, including banking and financial services, manufacturing, wholesale and retail entities, and health care. He handles all forms of commercial litigation including trade secrets and noncompete litigation. Eric has successfully defended numerous clients in class actions involving tens of millions of dollars in alleged damages. With a thorough knowledge of commercial law and trial practice and a deep understanding of the economic realities of litigation, he strives to ensure his services exceed the client’s expectations.
In his employment practice, Eric has litigated virtually every form of workplace claim in multiple venues throughout the country, including federal and state trial and appellate courts, and administrative agencies.
*Eric Trelz an independent contractor with Armstrong Teasdale.
Services and Industries
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Noncompete and Trade Secrets
- Class Action Litigation
- Employment and Labor
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Internal Investigations and Regulatory Compliance
- Consumer Products and Services
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services and Banking
- Health Care and Life Sciences
- Manufacturing and Innovation
- Data Innovation, Security and Privacy
- Product Liability
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Saint Louis University Law Journal, Staff member and primary editor
- Central Methodist University (B.A., 1980)
- Missouri, 1987
- Illinois, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 1988
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, 1967
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Employment and Labor Law Section)
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (Volunteer Lawyers' Program)
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Family Support Network (Board of Directors, 2010-2012)
- Obtained #25 Plaintiff’s Win in Missouri (2017)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® (2010-2018)
- AV® Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Employment Law - Management (2013-present); Commercial Litigation (2021-present)
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Eric was in private practice for 20 years at another St. Louis area firm.