Francesca Liebling is a consultant in the firm’s Litigation practice in the U.K. She served as a consultant at Kerman & Co. in London before joining Armstrong Teasdale when the firms combined in early 2021 and has previously worked in the London litigation departments of a number of large law firms. She qualified as a solicitor in 2005.
Francesca advises individuals, banks and corporates on all aspects dispute resolution, with a focus on fraud, aviation, IT and finance disputes. She has acted in County Court, High Court and Court of Appeal litigations and in London Court of International Arbitration, London Maritime Arbitrators Association and ad hoc arbitrations. Francesca also has experience in regulatory enquiries and investigations.
Francesca has spent time on secondment in the in-house legal department of one of the U.K.’s leading banks and also at a French law firm in Paris. In October 2022, Francesca was appointed to Judicial Office as a Deputy District Judge on the Western Circuit.
*Francesca Liebling serves Armstrong Teasdale Ltd. as a non-exclusive consultant and independent contractor. She is not an employee or partner of the firm, and may serve in a similar role to other third parties, including law firms.
Services and Industries
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Internal Investigations and Regulatory Compliance
- Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- White-Collar Criminal Defense and Government Investigations
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services and Banking
- Health Care and Life Sciences
- Manufacturing and Innovation
- Bristol Institute of Legal Practice (PGDLP, 2003)
- Cardiff University (LL.B., Hons, 2002)
- Law and French
- Université Toulouse 1 Capitole (Maitrise, 2001)
- International Relations
- England and Wales, 2005
- Deputy District Judge (Western Circuit, October 2022-present)
- Law Society, Solicitor Judges Division and Women Lawyers Division (Member)
- UK Association of Women Judges (Member)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Holy Trinity CofE Primary Academy (School Governor, October 2019-February 2023)
- Tsunami Volunteer Centre, Khao Lak, Thailand (Construction work volunteer, August-October 2005)
- Super Lawyers® London, Rising Star (2013)