Hayley Cotter practices in employment law and civil litigation, and has experience handling both contentious and noncontentious matters for clients.
Her experience includes negotiating and drafting employment and management agreements and employee manuals for a variety of industries. Hayley counsels clients on a wide range of legal issues including wage and hour laws, employee classification and employee discipline.
Hayley has also participated in the defense of companies in lawsuits involving claims for wrongful termination, negligent hiring, tortious interference with contract and other employment-related issues.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Hayley was an associate at Bello Welsh LLP, a boutique employment firm. Before that, she was an associate at a general practice firm, focusing on civil and appellate litigation.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D., with honors)
- Litigation Concentration
- Health Matrix: Journal of Law-Medicine (Associate Note Editor)
- Mock Trial Team
- Dunmore Moot Court Competition Winner
- Boston University (B.A., cum laude, 2008)
- History and Political Science
- New York
- U.S. Virgin Islands
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Women’s Bar Association Women’s Leadership Initiative
- Virgin Islands Bar Association