Jacob Mueller is a patent attorney in the firm’s Intellectual Property practice group. Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, his main focus is on the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the aerospace and mechanical arts.
With an engineering background, Jacob guides in-house counsel and inventors in applying for and protecting domestic and foreign intellectual property. He counsels clients through the various phases of product design and development to ensure suitable protection and strategic consistency.
Jacob represents clients in the negotiation of license agreements and provides opinion-related work including freedom-to-operate, validity, patentability and state-of-the-art analysis.
In possible litigious situations, Jacob assists in pre-litigation enforcement of patent rights by performing initial infringement analyses, providing client-tailored patent enforcement strategies, preparing cease and desist letters and negotiating settlement agreements.
- Southern Illinois University - Carbondale School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Charles M. Hudson Patent Law Award Recipient
- Saint Louis University (B.S., 2008)
- Aerospace Engineering
- Missouri, 2011
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2017-present)
Prior to joining the firm, Jacob served as outside counsel for Saint Louis University's Office of Technology Management.