Jillian Yakominich is an associate in Armstrong Teasdale’s Financial and Real Estate Services practice group, where she focuses her practice on economic development incentives, federal tax laws and related compliance issues.
Her experience includes counseling clients on the post-issuance tax compliance requirements of municipal finance transactions, including those related to arbitrage rebate, use of financing proceeds, and monitoring the use of financed assets. She assists clients in meeting these requirements by evaluating the post-issuance tax compliance requirements applicable to clients’ debt obligations; developing and presenting tailored compliance engagements for necessary compliance services; and implementing, supervising and performing such services. In addition, she supports firm attorneys with pre-issuance matters for clients such as tax due diligence matters.
Skilled at researching tax law and drafting internal and client memoranda, Jillian also drafts documents for submission to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), and communicates with IRS agents on behalf of clients under examination and responds to information document requests. She has experience in matters involving housing bonds, qualified tax credit bonds, qualified 501(c)(3) bonds, revenue bonds and student loan transactions.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Jillian was lead tax compliance attorney at another Kansas City area law firm.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law (LL.M., 2015)
- UMB Estate Planning Award for excellence in estate planning
- CALI Excellence for Future Awards in Tax Procedure and Family Law Tax
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Student Bar Association (Governor and Community Service Chair)
- Committee on Inclusion and Empowerment for Diversity (Student Member of Decanal Committee)
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honors Society, Family Law, Animal Law (Member)
- University of Missouri – Kansas City Athletics (Men’s and Women’s Tennis Manager)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (B.A., cum laude, 2012)
- Criminal Justice
- Minor in Business
- Institute for Leadership and Service, Scholarship
- Division 1 Athletic Scholarship, Women’s Tennis Captain
- Distinguished Scholar – Summit League All-Academic Team
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- National Association for Bond Lawyers