Jonathan Boughrum is an accomplished trial lawyer with nearly two decades of experience handling complex business litigation, with a focus on government investigations and related litigation, primarily in the financial services and pharmaceutical industries. Clients seek his counsel on some of their most significant matters, where potential exposure in the hundreds of millions of dollars is often at stake.
He regularly represents companies and their executives in responding to government investigations, as well as individual and class action litigation. His experience includes significant representations in the pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturing fields, in addition to individuals and businesses in the financial services sector. Jonathan’s practice is national in scope; he has handled white-collar defense cases in states coast to coast including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Virginia, Washington D.C., Georgia, Texas, Michigan, Massachusetts, Oregon and California.
Jonathan’s commercial litigation experience spans a broad array of industries and companies, including a national home builder. He has significant experience in product liability and construction litigation, including both residential and commercial construction matters.
Jonathan has trial and appellate experience at the state and federal levels, including appeals to the Pennsylvania Superior Court, Commonwealth Court and Supreme Court, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third and Sixth Circuits.
Services and Industries
- Widener University School of Law (J.D., 2003)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 2000)
- Labor Studies
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Young Lawyer’s Division
- Pennsylvania SuperLawyers®, Rising Star (2007-2008, 2010-2011, 2013-2017)
Prior to joining the firm, Jonathan was a partner at a mid-Atlantic law firm.