Josh Snider is an attorney practicing in the firm’s Intellectual Property (IP) group. He is licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), and represents both emerging and mature businesses in the development and leveraging of technology.
Josh specializes in transnational patent prosecution and litigation, including IP triage, portfolio management, invention strategy, USPTO advocacy, expert reports and Markman hearings, appeals and post-grant review, post-Alice software protection, and IP portfolio licensing for patents, trademarks, copyrights and entertainment. Additionally, Josh has been lead counsel on over 60 inter partes review (IPR) cases before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) involving high technology automotive electronics, computer systems and medical devices.
A former research scientist in computer and electrical engineering, Josh specializes in wireless and wired telecommunication networks, electronics, computer systems and software, optics and optical networks, blockchain, solar and wind technology, financial networks and e-commerce and medical/biomedical devices.
*Licensed as shown under "Admissions;" not licensed in Colorado.
Services and Industries
- Loyola University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1999)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.S., 1988)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Illinois Supreme Court
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association (Criminal Justice Section)
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (Litigation Committee)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Audio Engineering Society
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Josh was in private practice in Denver, and a government attorney for Cook County, Illinois.