Joshua Horvitz is a partner in the Financial and Real Estate Services practice group. He represents businesses and individuals in a wide variety of real estate transactions, business, tax, land use and zoning matters.
Josh has provided services in connection with numerous complex real estate transactions, including frequent representation involving the acquisition, sale, leasing and financing of commercial real estate. Josh also routinely represents private individuals and families in the purchase and sale of residential homes, condominium units and investment properties.
Josh's clients include real estate owners and developers, businesses, community organizations, condominium associations and individuals. In addition to transactional matters, Josh provides guidance to clients in connection with all other aspects of real estate ownership, including real estate tax assessment appeals, tax abatements, community association law, zoning and building permits, licensing, code violations, boundary disputes and real estate litigation matters.
A seasoned transactional attorney and litigator, Josh also regularly appears before the City of Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment, the City of Philadelphia Board of Revision of Taxes and various other administrative agencies, state and federal courts.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Josh served as partner at a full-service law firm in Philadelphia. He also previously worked as a motion court law clerk for the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
- George Washington University Law School (J.D., 2004)
- Public Contracts Law Journal
- Thurgood Marshall Scholar
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2001)
- Organizational Management
- New Jersey
- Philadelphia Bar Association (Small Business Committee Co-chair, 2017-2018)
- Building Industry Association of Philadelphia
- Homeowners Association of Philadelphia
- Community Associations Institute
- Philadelphia Association of Community Development Corporations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lambda Alpha International
- Urban Land Institute
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Jewish Federation Real Estate Group