Kathryn Redmond is an associate at Armstrong Teasdale, and is focused on counseling clients across industries through complex financial and real estate transactions.
Kathryn has experience representing clients in bankruptcy and restructuring, including Chapter 11 proceedings. In real estate transactions, she conducts due diligence that guides each deal from origination to closing.
Her role also extends to serving municipalities and nonprofits on public finance matters, often in the context of a transaction, including development and tax incentives. As such, Kathryn regularly reviews contracts and agreements related to industrial and commercial project financing.
A former judicial law clerk, Kathryn gained valuable experience assisting with arbitration proceedings, depositions, hearings, settlements, negotiations and mediations regarding civil litigation, compliance policies and regulatory issues.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale full time, Kathryn worked as a summer associate in both 2017 and 2018.
She also previously worked as a law clerk for the Hon. David L. Dowd in St. Louis Circuit Court and as a legal intern with a major telecommunications company. Before that, she held numerous roles with nonprofit organizations specializing in assistance for children and their families. Kathryn also recruited and trained foreign English teachers in China.
- Saint Louis University School of Law (J.D., 2019)
- Black Law Students Association, President (2016-2017), Community Service Chairperson (2015-2016)
- Justice and Equity Coalition, Equity Partner (2016-2017)
- Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition, Midwest Regional Champion (2017)
- Mound City Bar Association, Scovel Richardson Scholarship Recipient (2017-2018)
- SLU Law Diversity and Cultural Competence Award Recipient (2018)
- Saint Louis University (B.A., 2009)
- Criminal Justice
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Service Scholarship Recipient (2004-2009)
- Senior Legacy Symposium Award Recipient (May 2009)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- Rise Young Professionals Board (2018-present)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Action Power St. Louis, Board of Directors (2020-present)
- Rainbow Village, Board of Directors (2020-present)
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Member (2006-present)
- FOCUS St. Louis® Emerging Leaders (Spring 2020)