Lauren Navarro is a member of the firm's Litigation practice group, where she focuses primarily on the representation of insurance companies. This representation involves analyzing coverage and counseling insurers on risk management, best practices and the important implications of jurisdictional law. Lauren also has extensive experience representing insurers in declaratory judgment actions concerning the interpretation of policy language, interpleader actions, and against bad faith and vexatious refusal claims in both state and federal courts.
In addition to Lauren’s substantial insurance practice, she also counsels businesses facing complex commercial lawsuits, including cases involving premises and product liability matters, real estate transactions, consumer protection claims and multi-party contract disputes. This aspect of Lauren’s practice involves working hand-in-hand with business owners to minimize, assess and manage the inherent risks of doing business.
Lauren is skilled in preparing and responding to written discovery and deposing fact witnesses, corporate representatives and experts. Lauren also has extensive experience preparing and producing corporate representatives, fact witnesses and experts for deposition. She has written and argued both procedural and dispositive motions, and has been involved in all aspects of trial preparation.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Law Review and Urban Lawyer (Staff Member)
- CALI Award for Excellence – Advanced Legal Writing: Litigation Drafting
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Association of Women Law Students
- Dean’s List
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (B.A., magna cum laude)
- Political Science and Government
- Dean’s List
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren was in private practice at a Kansas City civil litigation firm where she focused primarily on insurance defense and insurance coverage matters. While in law school, she served as a clerk for the United States District Court, Western District of Missouri, in the Prisoner Pro Se office.