Lizl Leonardo is a skilled general corporate attorney. She has experience representing domestic and international clients on various legal matters involving equity transactions, acquisitions, franchise matters, other corporate matters and related transactions.
Lizl has advised clients on matters involving business development, regulatory compliance, licensing and distribution, and trademark protection. She has led and conducted multiple, large-scale due diligence projects and extensive research on organizations in the context of their strategic acquisitions, and has also negotiated and drafted transaction-related documents.
Her background as a financial analyst for a large national insurance broker lends to her understanding of complex transactions and financial forecasting, ultimately benefiting her clients as they pursue development and strategic growth opportunities.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Lizl was an associate attorney at another Philadelphia-area law firm. She has past experience as a law clerk and attorney, handling corporate, real estate and litigation matters for a Chicago-based law firm. She spent seven years as a financial analyst and consultant for a large national insurance company, and four of those years simultaneously attending the law school’s evening program. While in law school, Lizl held summer apprentice roles at law firms in Manila, Philippines, and spent other summer and winter breaks in Madrid, Spain, and Buenos Aires, Argentina, learning about doing international business in Asia, Europe and South America.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017)
- Order of the Coif
- Certificate of Business Law
- DePaul Law Review, Volume 66 (Business Manager and Associate Editor)
- Dean’s List, 7 semesters
- Merit Scholar Recipient
- Madrid Summer 2015 and Buenos Aires Winter 2016 Study Abroad Programs
- De La Salle University (B.S.C., 2010)
- Management of Financial Institutions
- Dean’s List, 8 semesters
- Lasallian Achiever Scholar Nominee (2008)
- Institute of Financial Consultants (Associate Financial Consultant, 2009)
- District of Columbia
- National Filipino American Lawyers Association
- Filipino American Lawyers of Association – New York
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- New York State Bar Association (Volunteer Attorney, 2020)