Lizl Leonardo is a skilled corporate and real estate attorney. She has represented domestic and international clients on numerous legal matters involving mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate transactions, franchise matters and other general corporate transactions.
Particularly, Lizl has advised, negotiated for and drafted documents for clients in various industries on matters involving sales and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, licensing and distribution, privacy, trademark protection and overall strategic decisions. She has also led and conducted multiple, large-scale due diligence projects and extensive research on organizations in the context of clients’ transactions.
Her background as a financial analyst for a large national insurance broker lends to her understanding of complex transactions and financial forecasting, ultimately benefiting her clients as they pursue development and strategic growth opportunities.
Services and Industries
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Lizl was an associate attorney at another Philadelphia-area law firm. She has past experience as a law clerk and attorney, handling corporate, real estate and franchise matters for another international law firm. She spent seven years as a financial analyst and consultant for a large national insurance company, and four of those years while simultaneously attending the law school’s evening program. While in law school, Lizl held summer apprentice roles at law firms in Manila, Philippines, and spent other summer and winter breaks in Madrid, Spain, and Buenos Aires, Argentina, learning about doing international business in Asia, Europe and South America.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017)
- Order of the Coif
- Certificate of Business Law
- DePaul Law Review, Volume 66 (Business Manager and Associate Editor)
- Dean’s List, all semesters
- Merit Scholar Recipient
- Madrid Summer 2015 and Buenos Aires Winter 2016 Study Abroad Programs
- De La Salle University (B.S.C., 2010)
- Management of Financial Institutions
- Dean’s List, 8 semesters
- Lasallian Achiever Scholar Nominee (2008)
- Institute of Financial Consultants (Associate Financial Consultant, 2009)
- District of Columbia
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) Pathfinder Program (2022)
- National Filipino American Lawyers Association
- Filipino American Lawyers of Association – New York (Board of Directors)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- New York State Bar Association (Volunteer Attorney, 2020)