As leader of the Public Finance practice area, Lori Bockman has over 30 years’ experience in handling all aspects of tax-exempt bond issuances. Lori represents municipalities in redevelopment projects that involve financing tools such as tax increment financing, the formation of special purpose districts, Chapter 100 industrial revenue bonds and BUILD Missouri revenue bonds, along with other innovative public/private partnership structures. Her work has resulted in the financing of many public/private projects for economic development, including financing public infrastructure for retail centers and industrial parks.
As bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, borrower’s counsel and bank’s counsel in bond issues for cities, counties, school districts, hospitals, universities, nonprofits and others, Lori handles revenue bonds, general obligation bonds, certificates of participation and tax increment financing bonds. Her experience extends to both public offerings and private placements.
Lori has particular experience in handling bond issues for nonprofits to fund educational facilities (public and private K-12 and higher education), health care facilities and senior living communities.
Additionally, Lori serves as Armstrong Teasdale’s general counsel. In this role she advises and protects the firm and its lawyers on professional ethics, risk management and related professional responsibility matters.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., 1985)
- University of Kansas (B.S., with honors, 1981)
- A.J. Boynton Award in Economics
- Missouri, 1985
- Colorado, 2016
- The Missouri Bar
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Professional Responsibility Committee)
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, General Counsel Committee of The United States Law Firm Group®, a network of 18 independent firms with more than 5,900 lawyers operating globally.
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® (2013-2016)