Martin Hammler focuses mainly on patent law, with clients ranging from multinational corporations to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and individual inventors. He is highly experienced in design matters and also handles trade mark work.
Martin is a mechanical engineer and a chartered patent agent. His particular experience includes packaging, building accessories and oilfield equipment. He has full U.K. and European Patent Attorney qualifications.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Martin served as partner at a boutique patent and trade mark firm in London. He also spent four years as an examiner at the U.K. Patent Office, where he worked with a wide variety of subject matter, including applications relating to leak testing equipment, and gained knowledge and experience of official procedures and preferences.
Martin has served on the faculty and Steering Group for the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA) Patent Administrators’ Course. He was formerly an examiner for the Joint Examining Board (JEB) Designs and Copyright paper and has served on the JEB with responsibility for the Validity and Infringement finals paper.
- Imperial College London (BSc, 1980)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Birkbeck College London (Diploma, 1995)
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- European Patent Office Register of Professional Representatives, 1992
- U.K. Register of Patent Attorneys, 1994
- United Kingdom
- Representative Before the Unified Patent Court, 2023
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Chartered Institute of Patent Attorney’s Pro Bono “Patent Clinics” Scheme (Volunteer)