Michelle Alamo is a partner in the firm’s Litigation practice group. Her practice encompasses a wide range of complex business and litigation matters including class actions primarily in the automotive, construction, telecommunications and insurance industries.
She has successfully represented clients large and small in patent infringement, product disparagement, trade dress, trade secret and noncompete matters. Her federal practice has included Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) and Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) breach of fiduciary duty claims, criminal and civil antitrust investigations and related matters, and False Claims Act investigations and cases. In the construction context, Michelle has successfully represented clients on both federal and state construction contract, differing site condition and delay claims.
In addition to representing clients in federal courts across the country, Michelle has unique experience representing clients before the International Trade Commission (ITC) and in various arbitration forums. She also has experience with Department of Justice and U.S. Attorney investigations and negotiations.
A competitive athlete, Michelle enjoys running and cycling and has completed several Ironman triathlons.
Services and Industries
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 1999)
- Kettering University (B.S.E.E., 1993)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) (Intellectual Property Committee, Chair, 2016-2018; Commercial Litigation Committee, Member)
- State Bar of Michigan (Intellectual Property and Commercial Litigation Committees)
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Intellectual Property Committee)
- Sixth Circuit Judicial Conference (Delegate)
- Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce (Co-Chair, DTC Strategic Connections Group)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- American Heart Association - Denver Go Red for Women (Vice Chair)
- Kettering University Alumni Association (Board of Directors)
- Business Top Lawyer, Litigation - Intellectual Property (2016 - present)
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow (2016 - present)
- Benchmark Litigation, Future Star (2015 - present)
- Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Intellectual Property (2013 - present)
- Michigan Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation (2013 - 2017)
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Michelle spent 15 years in private practice in Detroit, Michigan.
Prior to that, Michelle spent two years clerking for the Honorable Patrick J. Duggan of the United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan.