L. Michelle Lewis is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice group, where she focuses on employment and labor matters, with particular experience in the context of higher education.
With an extensive background as a former university director of institutional diversity and equity, Michelle advises clients on institutional compliance with Title II, Title VII and Title IX, in addition to Executive Order 11246 (Affirmative Action Programs). Clients also benefit from her human resources background for counsel on labor relations, policy development and employment law compliance.
Michelle has deep experience in developing policies on the prevention of harassment and discrimination in harassment in work and learning environments in addition to conducting small and large-scale employment investigations. She also has an extensive background in collective bargaining agreements, negotiations, arbitration and mediation.
Michelle was a law clerk at the firm prior to joining as an associate. Before that, she was director of institutional diversity and equity at Saint Louis University. Before that, she was human resources manager for a major nonprofit organization.
- Saint Louis University (J.D.)
- Dean’s List
- Academic Excellence Awards: Legal Research and Writing, Client Counseling, Worker’s Compensation
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society
- ABA Regional Client Counseling Competition Winner
- Lindenwood University (M.S.)
- Business Management
- Illinois State University (B.A.)
- Human Resource Certification Institute Exam Preparation (Employment Law Subject-Matter Expert)
- Woman of the Year, Saint Louis University (2018)
- Outstanding Young Women of America
- Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities