Mikayla Williams is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice group, where she handles disputes covering a range of issues for clients of all sizes.
She is well versed in all phases of discovery, trial preparation, and negotiation of settlements with opposing counsel. Mikayla strives to learn the intricacies of clients’ business, and then applies that knowledge to effectively advise them regarding liability, settlement or litigation.
Mikayla assists commercial landlords with issues arising from tenants’ failure to timely pay rent or other tenant defaults under a lease. She has experience with the various courses of action in such cases, for example: to demand the tenant quit and surrender the premises and file an action for unlawful detainer in the event tenant fails to do so; to file an action for rent and possession; or to file an action for breach of lease.
Mikayla was a summer associate at Armstrong Teasdale prior to joining the firm full time.
- Creighton University (J.D., magna cum laude, 2018)
- Law Dean’s Academic Scholarship
- Dean’s List, 2015-2018
- Creighton Law Review, Lead Articles Editor;
- Creighton Moot Court Executive Board, Problem Director
- Order of the Barristers
- Saint Louis University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2014)
- Department of Communications Academic Excellence Award
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Student Innocence Project, Creighton University (2015-2017)
- Little Sisters of the Poor Nursing Home (Volunteer, 2010-2014)