Neal Griffin is an associate in the firm’s Financial and Real Estate Services practice group. He counsels clients on all aspects of real estate development, including financing, design, acquisition, construction and leasing. If a dispute arises, he seeks practical and timely resolutions for his clients and litigates on their behalf in state and federal court.
For construction projects, Neal represents owners, contractors, subcontractors and design professionals in preparing and negotiating contracts and in resolving contract, mechanic’s liens, payment and performance issues.
Neal is experienced in all phases of litigation, including drafting pleadings, managing discovery, taking depositions, preparing pre- and post-trial motions, conducting direct and cross-examination at trial, and handling briefing before state and federal courts of appeal.
Prior to joining the firm, Neal served as assistant general counsel for the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership, an economic development organization serving St. Louis City and County, during which he managed multimillion-dollar construction and real-estate projects. Neal combines his litigation experience with his background in economic development to provide effective representation for his clients from concept to close-out and from the negotiating table to the courtroom.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2012)
- Order of the Coif
- John D. Lawson Award for Best Work in Contracts
- Missouri Law Review, Senior Associate Editor
- Washington University (B.A., Dean's List, 2007)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Varsity Basketball
- Varsity Track and Field
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- The Missouri Bar
- St. Louis Metropolitan Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- City Greens Market, Chairman of the Board (July 2016-Oct. 2017)