Nicole Polzin is an experienced corporate and transactional attorney who counsels both entrepreneurs and established businesses across a broad range of services, including acquisitions, due diligence, policy review and corporate governance.
Nicole has extensive experience drafting, reviewing and advising clients on asset, membership interest and stock purchase agreements. She has represented both the buy and sell side and regularly handles a wide variety of deal-related documents. She provides general corporate guidance and carefully assesses the risks and liabilities involved in a given agreement or transaction.
For startups and growing businesses, Nicole provides guidance on entity formation, ownership structure and regulatory matters across jurisdictions.
Nicole also has prior experience with postsecondary trade and career schools such as Title IX harassment and discrimination policies, litigation and administrative appeals, and Title IV compliance.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Nicole was in private practice for other Kansas City area law firms.
Having held internships with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Missouri, serving both its Appellate and Fraud and Corruption Divisions, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri and Leavenworth District Court, Nicole has a wide range of experience and familiarity with regulatory regimes that help guide her client interactions today.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Emphasis in Business and Entrepreneurial Law
- UMKC Law Review (Lead Literary Editor, 2014-2015; Staff, 2013-2014)
- The Urban Lawyer (Staff, 2013-2014)
- Pro Bono/Public Service Honors
- Phi Delta Phi Honors Legal Fraternity
- Transactional Lawyering Skills Board
- Kansas State University (B.A., 2009)
- Apparel Marketing and Textiles
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- Association of Women Lawyers (Committee Member)
- The Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, Corporate Law (2023)