Peter McLaughlin is a seasoned privacy and data security attorney who advises clients with respect to a broad range of technology transactions, U.S. and international privacy, and cybersecurity issues.
Peter’s practice focuses on uses of data across a range of industry sectors, with a particular depth of experience in health care. He guides clients in their domestic and international handling of personal information; new product development; and the assessment of legally defensible cybersecurity programs.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Peter served as partner at a Boston-headquartered law firm. He has also been Assistant General Counsel and Chief Privacy Officer for Cardinal Health and Assistant General Counsel for Sun Microsystems.
- Georgetown University (J.D., 1993)
- Columbia University (B.A., 1986)
- New York
- American Bar Association (The SciTech Lawyer, Editor-in-Chief, 2018-2020, and Editorial Board Member 2016-2022; Healthcare Tech Committee, Co-Chair, 2017-2019; Science & Technology Section, Council Member, 2019-2022)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- ITechLaw, the International Technology Law Association
- The Legal 500, Data Protection and Privacy
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Privacy and Data Security Law (2023)