Rick McConnell is a partner in the firm’s Public Finance practice area. He primarily serves as bond, disclosure, tax and special counsel to cities, counties, conduit issuers and special purpose districts.
Rick has significant experience in all tax-exempt and taxable forms of public finance offerings, including general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, various forms of lease/purchase financing, tax increment financing and tax abatement. He has also served as special counsel to cities in various matters, most commonly related to economic incentives.
In addition, he has represented lenders in various types of public finance transactions across the country.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law (J.D., with distinction)
- UMKC Law Review, Literary Editor
- Missouri Southern State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1992)
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Municipal Attorneys Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
Prior to joining the firm, Rick was a shareholder at another area law firm, focusing on public finance. Before attending law school, he served in various administrative positions for the City of Branson, Missouri, including assistant city administrator and interim city administrator.