David Rapp is a patent agent in Armstrong Teasdale’s Intellectual Property practice group, where he leverages his background in aerospace and mechanical engineering to help clients achieve their objectives.
He works closely with attorneys and other patent professionals, and primarily assists in patent prosecution, including drafting patent applications, conducting patentability and clearance searches, and drafting responses to Office Actions, as well as advising foreign associates in responding to Office Actions related to U.S. patent applications. David’s effectiveness is enhanced by his knowledge of computer programming languages and design applications including AutoCAD, SolidWorks, C++, NX and MATLAB.
Before joining the firm, David completed a mechanical engineering co-op at a systems integration organization specializing in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance systems. Before that, he was a research assistant in the Pan Research Group at the Missouri University of Science and Technology.
- Missouri University of Science and Technology (B.S., 2020)
- Aerospace Engineering
- Miner Aviation Design Team
- Honors Academy (2015-2016)
- Dean’s List (multiple semesters)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Sigma Gamma Tau Aerospace Engineering Honor Society