Ryan Wilson is a partner in the firm’s Litigation practice group where he primarily focuses on civil and criminal litigation matters, often involving complex financial products, including cryptocurrency and other fintech products and transactions, derivatives and securities.
Ryan advises clients in connection with federal and state government investigations, criminal prosecutions, and enforcement actions and litigations, as well as sensitive internal investigations. His clients primarily include hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune 500 companies, and he counsels them in a variety of complex commercial matters and criminal and civil investigations by the United States Attorney’s Office and the New York Attorney General’s Office. He also has experience representing clients in parallel investigations and proceedings.
Ryan’s past experience includes serving as an Assistant United States Attorney on President Obama’s Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities (RMBS) Task Force in the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York. In that capacity, Ryan was a lead attorney in the prosecution of the third-largest RMBS issuer/underwriter in the world for its participation in the 2006-2009 worldwide financial crisis. That prosecution led to a $7.2 billion settlement with the government – the largest single-bank fraud prosecution in the history of the United States Department of Justice – for which Ryan was awarded the Department of Justice Director’s Award. After concluding that matter, Ryan served as the lead prosecutor against the bank’s former head of subprime trading for the trader’s role in the bank’s fraud. Ryan was one of only a small handful of prosecutors to bring cases against individuals who contributed to the financial crisis.
Ryan is a highly experienced trial lawyer, having tried over 20 cases to verdict, including civil and criminal trials at both the state and federal level.
Active in pro bono matters, Ryan has represented multiple clients of a local organization serving low-income women in need of legal assistance in custody and other legal matters.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Ryan was a partner at a leading commercial law firm in New York.
Ryan also previously served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney, and as a law clerk to the Hon. Nina Gershon in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., with high distinction, 2007)
- Order of the Coif
- Iowa Law Review (Student writer/managing editor)
- Law Foundation Full Academic Scholarship
- University of Central Oklahoma, College of Business (B.A., cum laude, 2004)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Federal Bar Council
- Law360 White Collar Editorial Advisory Board (2019)
- National Conference of Bar Examiners (Expert Reviewer for the Multistate Performance Test)
- Commitment to Justice Award, Her Justice (2021)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2014-2015, 2019)
- Executive Office for the United States Attorney's Director's Award (2018)