As a member of the Corporate Services group, Tom Lowther focuses on public and corporate finance and business formations and transactions. He also serves as a senior counselor to executives and business owners in business and estate planning.
He has served as counsel to the Missouri Clean Energy District, a political subdivision of the State of Missouri, since its formation in January 2011. The District provides Property Assessment Clean Energy (PACE) financing for energy efficiency improvements and renewable energy improvements to property owners in 98 cities and counties in Missouri (a growing number as more areas join the District). PACE financing is a unique method of utilizing the financial savings resulting from energy saving projects to pay the costs of the projects.
Tom’s practice also involves the purchase, sale and financing of aircraft for personal and corporate use.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., 1962)
- Order of the Coif
- Washington University (Master Degree, 1999)
- Liberal Arts
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Shakespeare Festival St. Louis (Director and Treasurer)
- Incarnate Word Foundation (Finance Committee)
- Pylos Archaeology Foundation (Founding Director)
- Washington University Law School National Council
- Washington University Alumni Board of Governors (Former Chairman)
- Washington University (Ex Officio Member, Board of Trustees, 1999-2000)
- Whitaker Foundation (Trustee, 2014-2018)
- Christian Brothers College High School (Chairman of the Board of Directors)
- St. Louis University Library Associates (Chair, Finance Committee)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Banking & Finance Law, Corporate Law and Public Finance Law (over 20 consecutive years, including the most recent edition)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; St. Louis Corporate Lawyer of the Year (2009)
- Washington University Distinguished Alumnus Award (2002)
- Washington University School of Law Distinguished Alumnus Award (1997)
Prior to joining the firm, Tom was in private practice at another area law firm.