As a member of the Corporate Services group, Tom Lowther focuses on public and corporate finance and business formations and transactions. He also serves as a senior counselor to executives and business owners in business and estate planning.
Tom guides borrowers, lenders, underwriters and governmental issuers in the area of finance that includes multimodal credits, commercial paper, “low floater” and other taxable and tax-exempt bonds, and both publicly offered and privately placed issues. He also represents letter-of-credit banks and other credit support providers for such bonds.
For a broad base of banking and lending clients, as well as corporate clients seeking financing, Tom provides counsel regarding the structure of sophisticated loan transactions. He handles letters of credit, revolving lines of credit, construction and permanent loans and other forms of financing secured by various forms of real and/or personal property.
Tom’s practice also involves the purchase, sale and financing of aircraft for personal and corporate use.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., 1962)
- Order of the Coif
- Washington University (Master Degree, 1999)
- Liberal Arts
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Shakespeare Festival St. Louis (Director and Treasurer)
- Incarnate Word Foundation (Finance Committee and Treasurer)
- Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word (Investment Committee)
- Pylos Archaeology Foundation (Founding Director)
- Washington University Law School National Council
- Washington University Alumni Board of Governors (Former Chairman)
- Washington University (Ex Officio Member, Board of Trustees, 1999-2000)
- Whitaker Foundation (Trustee, 2014-2018)
- Christian Brothers College High School (Chairman of the Board of Directors)
- St. Louis University Library Associates (Chair, Finance Committee)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Banking & Finance Law, Corporate Law and Public Finance Law (over 20 consecutive years, including the most recent edition)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; St. Louis Corporate Lawyer of the Year (2009)
- Washington University Distinguished Alumnus Award (2002)
- Washington University School of Law Distinguished Alumnus Award (1997)
Prior to joining the firm, Tom was in private practice at another area law firm.