Timothy Dance has more than a decade of experience representing clients in bankruptcy and commercial litigation matters.
His practice is concentrated in the areas of bankruptcy, reorganization, creditors’ rights, committee representation, foreclosure, receivership and workout law. He is skilled in counseling clients through complex foreclosures of real and personal property, and regularly represents creditors in enforcing, collecting and restructuring financial transactions.
Tim also has extensive experience handling commercial and business litigation at both the state and federal levels.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Tim spent more than 12 years in private practice at another national law firm in Salt Lake City.
During law school, he served as a judicial extern to the Hon. B. Lynn Winmill in U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho. From 2003-2004, he worked as a high school English teacher in Chartres, France.
- University of Washington School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- FLAS Fellow (2005-2006)
- Brigham Young University (B.A., 2003)
- Political Science
- Minor in Business Management
- Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society
- Supreme Court of Utah
- Supreme Court of Washington
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Idaho
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Salt Lake County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Discovery Gateway (formerly known as The Children's Museum of Utah); Board of Directors, Executive Committee Member and Past Board Chair
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars, Bankruptcy: Business (2014-2017)
- Utah Legal Elite (Bankruptcy/Workout, 2016-2017; Civil Litigation, 2018-2020; Up & Coming, 2009, 2013-2015)