With over 20 years of experience in intellectual property law, Tracey Truitt serves clients of all sizes across industries including agribusiness, food, health care, biotechnology and life sciences. He counsels clients on patent, trademark, and copyright acquisition, licensing, enforcement issues, due diligence, prosecution, litigation and other general business matters.
A testament to the quality of his work, Tracey has been serving many of his clients for over a decade, and some for more than two. In his primary role as a patent attorney, Tracey is dedicated to gaining in-depth knowledge about each client’s invention and the technology surrounding it, in order to develop strategies and arguments that will impact their bottom line and drive success throughout their product portfolio. By getting involved early and taking a proactive approach to the patenting process, Tracey has saved clients time, money and energy by allowing them to focus research and resources on promising avenues rather than just building their patent portfolios.
- Franklin Pierce Law Center (J.D., 1998)
- Master's in Intellectual Property
- RISK, The Journal of Health, Safety and Environment, Editor-in-Chief
- University of Nebraska (B.S., 1992)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- American Intellectual Property Law Association Biotechnology Committee (Member)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- U.S. Patent Office Biotechnical/ Chemical/Pharmaceutical Partnership Group (Member)
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board Bar Association (Program Committee Member)
- Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM) (Member)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy
- Neuromuscular Access Initiative
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- The Best Lawyers in America ®; Biotechnology Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Kansas City, Missouri (2017)
- The Best Lawyers in America ®; Biotechnology and Life Sciences Law (2016-present)
- Managing Intellectual Property, IP Stars (2016-present)
Prior to joining the firm, Tracey spent roughly 10 years as a shareholder at another firm in Kansas City, Missouri.