A member of Armstrong Teasdale’s Litigation practice group, Wil Tomlinson handles insurance-related and commercial litigation.
Working with insurance companies and their clients, Wil resolves and litigates, if necessary, complex property, casualty and liability coverage issues. In this area, he defends claims involving misrepresentation, fraud, nonpayment, wrongful denial, termination of benefits, agent errors and omissions, interpretation of benefits and beneficiary designations. Additionally, Wil has been successful in cases involving equitable garnishment and lawsuits alleging bad faith and vexatious refusal to pay.
For employers and group insurers, Wil counsels regarding ERISA and non-ERISA life, health and disability claims. He provides guidance in claims involving benefits under retirement, severance pay plans and life, health and disability plans (self-funded and insured); breach of fiduciary duty; equitable relief under ERISA Section 502(a)(3); disputes between plans and service providers; withdrawal liability and delinquent contribution; and benefit discrimination and other employment-related issues under ERISA Section 510.
Wil’s experience extends to matters concerning breach of contract, breach of warranty and accounting malpractice.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D., 1979)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Missouri-St. Louis (M.A., 2002)
- University of Missouri-St. Louis (B.S., 1976)
- Missouri, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Selected as a 2012 Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation by Martindale-Hubbell and American Lawyer Media (ALM)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants, Workers’ Compensation Law - Employers, Litigation - ERISA (10+ consecutive years, including the most recent edition)
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell