A former president of The Missouri Bar, Bill Corrigan’s litigation skills and legal acumen have gained him national recognition. An accomplished trial attorney, Bill has won a number of high-stakes, multimillion-dollar cases on behalf of his clients across a variety of industries, and has served as lead trial counsel in courts in Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and Texas.
For over a decade, Bill has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America®. He is also featured in Chambers USA, named as a Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyer and voted by his peers as one of St. Louis' top 50 lawyers.
Outside General Counsel
In addition to his experience as a successful business litigator, Bill serves as outside general counsel to many small and large privately held businesses that are headquartered in St. Louis, including family owned and closely held businesses. In his role as outside general counsel, Bill works with business owners and senior management to develop strategies to improve operations and minimize risks while keeping a keen eye on organizational objectives. This part of his practice regularly involves matters related to mergers and acquisitions, estate and succession planning, employment and labor, real estate and financial transactions and patents and trademarks.
Lead Trial Counsel
Bill’s extensive litigation experience includes serving as lead trial counsel in cases involving breach of contract; noncompete agreements; trade secrets; complex fiduciary duty matters; shareholder disputes; life, health, disability and other insurance disputes; complex tort and employment matters.
Active in the community and in the political arena, Bill participates on a number of boards and served as the Republican candidate for the 2010 election for St. Louis County Executive.
- University of Missouri School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Notre Dame (B.B.A.)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- President, The Missouri Bar (2003-2004)
- President, The Missouri Bar Board of Trustees (2005-2010)
- National Conference of Bar Presidents (Executive Council, 2006-2009)
- ABA House of Delegates, The Missouri Bar (Delegate, 2006-2010)
- President, Board of Trustees, University of Missouri School of Law Foundation (2012-2014)
- Armstrong Teasdale Executive and Pro Bono Committees
- US Law Firm Group (USLFG) (Chair, Litigation Section)
- Lex Mundi (Firm Representative)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Foundation (Board of Governors, 2016-present)
- Old Newsboys Day Children’s Charities (Board Member, 2011-2018)
- Today and Tomorrow Educational Foundation Board (Secretary, 2018-present; Board Member, 2011-present)
- Archdiocese of St. Louis (Chair, Annual Red Mass Committee, 2009-2012)
- Make-A-Wish Foundation (Development Board, 2001-2005)
- Edgewood Children’s Center Development Board (President, 1994-1995)
- Kids in Motion Program (Volunteer)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers in Business, Commercial Litigation (2013-present)
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants and Trade Secrets Law (2005-present)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® (2008-present); Super Lawyers®, Corporate Counsel Edition, Business Litigation (2008); Super Lawyers®, Business Edition (2011-2014); Super Lawyers®, St. Louis’ Top 50 (2011-present)
- Martindale-Hubbell and American Lawyer Media (ALM)Top Rated Lawyer, Commercial Litigation
- Commencement Speaker, University of Missouri School of Law (May 2004)
- Citation of Merit Award Recipient, University of Missouri School of Law
- Outstanding Young Lawyer Award Recipient, St. Louis County Bar Association
- St. Louis Business Journal “40 Under 40” Award Recipient
- Distinguished Recent Graduate Award Recipient, University of Missouri School of Law
- W. Oliver Rasch Award Recipient for Outstanding Bar Journal Article
- Special Old Newsboys Day Recognition Award (2012)
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Mentor Award, Missouri Lawyers Media (2018)