Amber Gonzales is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice group, where she primarily focuses on commercial litigation, compliance and regulatory matters.
Amber’s wide-ranging background lends to her ability to nimbly address a variety of client needs. She has experience handling contract disputes, tort and employment law issues at both the state and federal levels, as well as drafting dispositive motions, conducting discovery and negotiating client matters.
Her experience also extends to representing clients on a variety of pro bono matters, including petitions for asylum and litigation resulting from the denial of requests under the Freedom of Information Act.
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Amber was an associate at another Denver-area law firm. She also served as a judicial extern under the Hon. Robert E. Blackburn in U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, where she primarily focused on wage claims and First Amendment protections.
Before entering law school, Amber held various roles in the education field, including serving as program facilitator at a large urban high school in Dallas, Texas. While there, she implemented a comprehensive academic guidance program and developed bilingual program materials, workshops and curriculum for both parents and students. Further, she has past experience as a financial aid adviser at a technical school.
- University of Colorado School of Law (J.D., 2016)
- Law Review, Associate Editor
- Latino Law Student Association Co-President 2014–15
- Barristers’ Counsel Most Professional Advocate Award 2014
- Client Counseling Competition: First place interschool competition 2014 and 2015, third place regional ABA competition
- Brandeis University (B.A., 2007)
- Political Science
- Latin American and Latino Studies
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Immigration Court
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association (Secretary, 2020-present; Treasurer, 2018-2019; Chair, Young Lawyers Division, 2017)
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Armstrong Teasdale Inclusion Committee
- Armstrong Teasdale Diverse Professionals Group (Founder)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Law School. . . Yes We Can! (Mentor)
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association (Small Business Legal Clinic, Volunteer)
- Colorado Lawyers Committee Hate Crimes Task Force (Mock Trial, Volunteer; Denver Legal Nights, Volunteer)
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), Pathfinder Program (2020)
- Barristers’ Counsel Most Professional Advocate Award, University of Colorado Law School (2014)