The health care and life sciences industries are not only highly regulated, but also very complex. From managed care, HIPAA compliance and breach reporting, to product liability litigation, licensing, research and intellectual property, our award-winning attorneys identify potential risks, keep our clients ahead of the curve, and defend them when litigation arises.
We represent virtually all types of providers across the continuum of acute and post-acute care including health care systems, hospitals and physician practice groups, as well as individual physicians, nurses and other medical professionals. We also represent pharmaceutical and medical device companies, universities and research institutions, scientists and health care practitioners as well as clients active in disciplines such as tissue transplantation, plant and animal biotechnology, and FDA trials management.
Further, our health care litigators have secured a number of successful defense verdicts around the country, some of which ranked among the highest in at least a dozen years. Practicing in both liberal and conservative venues nationwide, our lawyers have an extraordinary record of obtaining defense verdicts in courts that are considered notoriously difficult.
Our attorneys have a broad range of medical, scientific, technical and corporate backgrounds, and work closely together to provide integrated legal representation. Our team of qualified professionals includes three J.D. RNs and several paralegal RNs who have over 50 years of combined clinical experience in various areas of medicine.
Our team assists clients with:
- Regulatory compliance and state licensure
- Corporate governance
- State certificate of need (CON) matters
- Fraud and abuse, including compliance with the Stark law and Anti-Kickback Statute
- Tax-exempt and other financing matters
- Medical staff issues and policies
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement
- Arrangements and contracts
- Retention and recruitment incentives
- Informed consent
- Institutional research
- Graduate medical education and other clinical education programs
- Charity care policies
- Tort and catastrophic loss
- Personal injury
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability
- HIPAA breach investigations and litigation
- Office of Civil Rights matters
- Antitrust and qui tam litigation
- Intellectual property
- Formation and corporate structure
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Legislative and governmental affairs
- Labor and employment
- Internal investigations
- Real estate services