Competition and consumerism, as well as the rise of ecommerce, have presented transformative challenges for business-to-consumer and consumer packaged goods and services companies in recent years. Household brands in virtually every category turn to Armstrong Teasdale attorneys for counsel that sets them apart.
Our representations include manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, designers, licensees, big-box retailers, specialty brands, franchisors and even professional services firms. We also work across market segments from food and beverage to automotive to fashion and design to consumer electronics.
As a firm, we possess the tools and talent to achieve favorable results for clients in the courtroom, in the boardroom and at the negotiation table. Our transactional attorneys guide consumer products companies in establishing robust distribution networks, protecting their brands and trademarks, and implementing compliant and distinctive marketing programs.
In addition, consumer watchdogs can be quick to call foul. Our litigation attorneys have extensive experience defending consumer protection and intellectual property lawsuits, and navigating the regulatory challenges presented by complex, multichannel marketing programs. Our litigation team is consistently recognized for successfully handling complex, high-stakes matters for our clients in challenging venues across the country.
The firm also has experience working with franchisors and franchisees on matters related to development and operations, compliance with disclosure laws, contractual relationships and more.
Our attorneys advise some of the world’s largest companies on legal matters involving:
- Supply chain management, including contract review and negotiation
- Public relations, marketing, advertising and social media, including sweepstakes, contests and promotions, and working with influencers
- Intellectual property and brand protection, including patent, copyright and trademark services
- Infringement and anti-counterfeiting
- Technology and manufacturing
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Franchising and distribution
- Merchandising and price matching regulations
- Unfair, deceptive trade practices
- Privacy and data security, including data breach response
- Product labeling and claims, including Prop. 65 matters
- Safety and product recalls
- Agribusiness and food
- International business, including customs regulations and export controls, investing overseas and trade compliance
- Litigation, including high-stakes and consumer product class action lawsuits
- Tax law
- Employment and labor
- Employee benefits and executive compensation