Andrew Brucker has been practicing real estate law for more than 35 years. He concentrates his practice on cooperative and condominium matters, as well as handles a variety of refinancing and leasing transactions. Andrew has represented landlords and tenants in the rental of commercial and professional space for businesses, ranging from large medical practices to banks and “pop-up” retailers.
Andrew has been an active member in the legal community. He is the former chairman of the New York City Bar Association Committee on Cooperative and Condominium Law. Under his leadership, the Committee also created a new Condominium Contract of Sale, which was approved by the New York State Bar and published by Blumberg Forms. Previously, he and the Committee revised and drafted the current version of the Alteration Agreement for Cooperatives. He is currently a member of the Committee, which is revising the Cooperative Contract of Sale, expected to be published by Blumberg Forms. Andrew is currently the chairman of the New York City Bar Association Committee on Cooperative and Condominium CLE, which entails conducting all related CLE programs hosted by the Bar.
Andrew has conducted over two dozen CLE courses for the New York State Bar, the New York City Bar Association and Council of New York Cooperatives and Condominiums on real estate, co-op and condo topics. He also co-authored the Code of Ethics adopted by the New York Association of Realty Managers and taught a course on ethics at New York University’s Real Estate Institute for more than 10 years. In addition, Andrew is a frequent speaker and lecturer at various industry seminars on real estate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Andrew was a partner at a mid-Atlantic law firm. Prior to that, for nearly 30 years, he was a partner of Schechter & Brucker, P.C., a New York City boutique firm that concentrated on representing cooperative and condominium housing companies.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., 1976)
- New York Law School (J.D., 1975)
- New York University (B.A., 1972)
- New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York City Bar (Chairman, Committee on Cooperative and Condominium Law, 2010-2013; Member, Committee on Cooperative and Condominium Law, 2008-2011 and 2014-present)
- New York State Bar Association (Member, Section on Trusts and Estates, Section on Real Property)
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America
- The American Medical Research Foundation (President)
- Edgemont Recreation, Inc. (Former member, Board of Directors)
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation Chairman’s Citation (2018)
- Honored by the New York Association of Realty Managers for Dedication to the Industry (2012)