Caroline Polisi is an esteemed white-collar and federal criminal defense attorney. A well-known legal analyst and commentator with more than a decade of experience, her sound counsel has led numerous high-profile individuals to rely on her for legal representation.
Caroline handles regulatory investigations, complex commercial litigation and appeals for her clients. A top-rated white-collar criminal defense attorney in New York, she has represented numerous individuals in both state and federal courts in criminal and civil proceedings. She has experience in all phases of the litigation process including pre-indictment advocacy, grand jury investigations, complex bail proceedings, pretrial motions, motions in limine, jury selection, trials, sentencing, restitution, forfeiture and other post-conviction proceedings.
Further, Caroline has extensive experience handling investigations and prosecutions brought under a wide variety of federal criminal statutes, including those related to banking fraud, health care fraud, bitcoin schemes, Ponzi schemes, insider trading, commercial bribery, money laundering and conspiracy offenses.
Caroline regularly appears on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, Fox News and BBC News as a legal analyst commenting on high-stakes criminal cases. She is also a contributing legal opinion writer to CNN and is frequently quoted by national media including The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times, among others.
Services and Industries
Prior to joining Armstrong Teasdale, Caroline was an attorney at several other New York law firms.
- Columbia Law School (J.D., 2008)
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Columbia Journal of Law and the Arts
- Teaching Assistant, American Legal History
- Courtroom Advocates Project, Bronx and Manhattan Family Courts
- Yale University (B.A., cum laude, 2004)
- Departmental honors in English
- Yale Daily News, Contributing staff reporter
- New York
- New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Columbia Law School, Lecturer in Law
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Federal Bar Council
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- UNICEF’S Next Generation, Founding Member
- Signature Theatre, Board Member
- New York Super Lawyers® Rising Star, White Collar Criminal Defense (2015-2017, 2019)
- New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest, Finalist and winner (July 2009)