Dana Taylor focuses her practice in commercial litigation. She has experience working on matters involving contract disputes, breaches of fiduciary duty, embezzlement, copyright and trademark, patent and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission actions.
Dana was previously a lawyer at Novack and Macey in Chicago, and joined Armstrong Teasdale in 2023. Prior to that, she served as a contract attorney, where she gained experience working on complex cases in commercial litigation. She also worked as a legal analyst for a major financial institution in Chicago, where she reviewed bank contracts and abstracted legal provisions. Additionally, Dana discussed tax requirements with the bank’s commercial business clients to ensure tax compliance under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and the OCED Common Reporting Standard (CRS).
In law school, Dana helped vacate a client’s two death sentences in a post-conviction motion. The Florida Supreme Court found that the defendant was denied his Sixth Amendment right to effective assistance of counsel. She also interned in the Fourth Judicial Circuit Public Defender’s Office and assisted in representing clients charged with misdemeanors.
- Florida Coastal School of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Pro Bono Honors
- International and Comparative Law Certificate
- Western Connecticut State University (B.S., 2011)
- National Criminal Justice Honor Society
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Charitable and Civic Involvement
- Chicago Bar Association “Wills for Heroes”
- Coordinated Advice & Referral Program for Legal Services (CARPLS)