Daniella Gordon’s practice includes internal investigations and criminal defense, as well as commercial construction litigation and employment defense. Known for her creative and zealous advocacy, Daniella has served as lead counsel in federal and state jury trials, including one of the few federal, white-collar jury trials to proceed in the Southern District of New York during the COVID-19 era. She has argued numerous appellate matters, including before the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Daniella’s clients span various industries, including construction, health care and technology. In her white-collar and criminal defense practice, Daniella has counseled and defended clients in internal investigations, and through all phases of litigation. She has represented businesses and individuals in matters involving allegations of fraud, money laundering, false claims, public corruption, kickback schemes and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, as well as in parallel regulatory proceedings.
In her commercial litigation practice, Daniella represents owners and contractors in a range of construction-related disputes, including defect claims, scope of work issues, differing site conditions, professional negligence, bid protests and injunctions. She has prevailed at trial in matters involving prompt payment statutes, and efforts to pierce the corporate veil. Daniella also has extensive experience drafting and negotiating construction agreements.
In her employment practice, Daniella leads internal investigations and represents entities and individuals in matters involving alleged harassment, discrimination and whistleblower retaliation. Daniella has also litigated Title IX disciplinary actions before university student conduct boards.
Daniella is a frequent speaker on criminal and construction-related topics. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Board of Directors for the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey, and is the immediate past Co-Chair of the Construction Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. Daniella is conversationally fluent in Russian.
Prior to joining the firm, Daniella was a partner in a highly regarded regional law firm. She also previously served as a law clerk to the Hon. Robert G. Millenky, former Presiding Judge of the Civil Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey in Camden County, and interned for the Hon. Joseph H. Rodriguez in U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Rutgers School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Connecticut College (B.A., 2001)
- National Criminal Defense College, Trial Practice Institute (2015)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Board of Directors, 2015-present; Third Circuit Amicus Committee, Co-Vice Chair; Title IX Committee, Trial Penalty Task Force; White Collar Committee; Women in Criminal Defense Committee; Fourth Amendment Committee)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Immediate Past Co-Chair, Construction Section)
- NAACP, Southern Burlington County Branch (Chair, Legal Redress and Criminal Justice Committees)
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey (Board of Trustees, Member)
- Women in White Collar Defense Association, Philadelphia and New Jersey Chapters (Member)
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – New Jersey (Member)
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Member)
- Philadelphia – Israel Chamber of Commerce (Member)
- Russian Speaking Professionals Network of Philadelphia (Member)
- Construction Lawyers Society of America (Fellow, 2018-present)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®, Criminal Defense: White Collar (2019-present); Rising Star (2016-2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Criminal Defense: White Collar (2021)
- Top Attorney, White-Collar Crime, South Jersey Magazine (2016, 2019, 2021)
- Nelson B. Rivers, III, Excellence Award, Southern Burlington County NAACP (2015)
- “Awesome Attorney,” South Jersey Magazine (2013-2014)
- Advocacy Award, Center for Forensic and Economic Studies (2005)
- Class of 1995 Graduation Award for Public Service, Rutgers School of Law (2005)
- Mary Philbrook Award for Public Interest Law, Rutgers School of Law (2004)