Daniella Gordon’s practice includes internal investigations and criminal defense, as well as commercial construction litigation and employment defense. Daniella has served as lead counsel in criminal and civil jury trials and on appeal. Chambers USA describes Daniella as having demonstrated “a very strong level of sophistication and superior legal acumen,” and as a “passionate advocate” who “combines her intelligence, strategic thinking and compassion to deliver great results for her clients.” ROI-NJ describes Daniella as a “go-to lawyer for white collar matters and a variety of high stakes commercial disputes.”
Daniella’s clients span various industries, including construction, health care, media and technology. In her white-collar practice, Daniella has counseled and defended clients in internal investigations and through all phases of litigation. She has represented businesses and individuals in matters involving allegations of money laundering, false claims, public corruption, anti-kickback violations, securities fraud and enforcement actions, and other parallel regulatory proceedings.
In her civil practice, Daniella represents businesses in a range of commercial disputes. Daniella regularly represents owners and contractors in construction-related matters, including construction defect claims, scope of work disputes, differing site conditions, professional negligence, and bid protests. She has prevailed at trial in matters involving prompt payment statutes and efforts to pierce the corporate veil.
Daniella also leads employment-related internal investigations and represents entities and individuals in matters involving alleged harassment, discrimination and whistleblower retaliation. She has also litigated Title IX disciplinary actions before university student conduct boards.
Daniella regularly speaks on criminal and construction-related topics. She completed two terms on the Board of Directors for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and continues to serve on various committees for NACDL. She currently serves on the Board of Trustees for the Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey, where she is Chair of the Membership Committee and Co-Chair of the Judicial Conference Committee. Daniella is a past Co-Chair of the Construction Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. She is also conversationally fluent in Russian.
Prior to joining the firm, Daniella was a partner in a highly regarded regional law firm. She also previously served as a law clerk to the Hon. Robert G. Millenky, former Presiding Judge of the Civil Division of the Superior Court of New Jersey in Camden County, and interned for the Hon. Joseph H. Rodriguez in U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Rutgers School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Connecticut College (B.A., 2001)
- National Criminal Defense College, Trial Practice Institute (2015)
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey (Board of Trustees, Member; Chair, Camden Bench/Bar Luncheon CLE Programming; Vice-Chair, Membership Committee)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Board of Directors, 2015-2021 (two terms); Third Circuit Amicus Committee, Co-Vice Chair; Title IX Committee, Trial Penalty Task Force; White Collar Committee; Women in Criminal Defense Committee; Fourth Amendment Committee)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Past Co-Chair, Construction Section)
- NAACP, Southern Burlington County Branch (Chair, Legal Redress and Criminal Justice Committees)
- Women in White Collar Defense Association, Philadelphia and New Jersey Chapters (Member)
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – New Jersey (Member)
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (Member)
- Philadelphia – Israel Chamber of Commerce (Member)
- Russian Speaking Professionals Network of Philadelphia (Member)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations, New Jersey (2022)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers®, Criminal Defense: White Collar (2019-present); Rising Star (2016-2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Criminal Defense: White Collar (2021-present); Appellate Practice, Construction Law, Criminal Defense: General Practice (2023)
- Women in Business Influencer, ROI-NJ (2022)
- Construction Lawyers Society of America (Fellow, 2018-present)
- Top Attorney, White-Collar, South Jersey Magazine (2013, 2014, 2016, 2019, 2021)
- Nelson B. Rivers, III, Excellence Award, Southern Burlington County NAACP (2015)
- Advocacy Award, Center for Forensic and Economic Studies (2005)
- Class of 1995 Graduation Award for Public Service, Rutgers School of Law (2005)
- Mary Philbrook Award for Public Interest Law, Rutgers School of Law (2004)