David Loseman provides guidance to those who develop, construct and design. As chair of the firm’s Construction and Design practice, he represents clients in major construction projects throughout the United States and in several foreign endeavors.
In managing construction and design transactions for owners, contractors, subcontractors and design professionals, Dave handles contract negotiations and preparations from project conception through completion. In addition, he advises clients in anticipating, addressing and resolving contract and performance issues that arise during and after construction.
Dave is well-versed in construction and engineering design agreements, utilizing the American Institute of Architects (AIA) industry-standard form contracts, ConsensusDOCs and other standard form industry contracts, and developing custom contracts as appropriate. For projects moderate in size through those priced in the hundreds of millions of dollars, he regularly drafts and reviews contracts related to all facets of construction, engineering and design.
Routinely, Dave prepares contract templates for use by clients in their day-to-day businesses. He also prepares standard forms of change orders, environmental and safety guidelines and purchase order terms and conditions.
Dave has substantial experience defending and prosecuting mechanic’s lien claims. He also represents clients in the mediation, arbitration and litigation of payment and other disputes arising within the context of a construction project.
- University of Illinois College of Law at Urbana-Champaign (J.D., cum laude, 1985)
- University of Illinois Law Review (Member, 1984-1985)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (B.A., 1982)
- Delta Theta Phi
- Missouri, 1987
- Illinois, 1985
- Colorado (pending)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- The Missouri Bar (Member, Construction Law Committee)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®; Construction Law (2003-present)
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers® / Super Lawyers® Business Edition (2009-2011)
- AV® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Dave served as law clerk to Justice Ben K. Miller of the Illinois Supreme Court from 1985 through 1987.